Using our website
We also have two other documents containing important information which applies to your use of our website:
- We are the Developer Society, 422 The Green House, The Custard Factory, Gibb Street, Birmingham, B9 4DP and we own and operate www.dev.ngo.
Changes to these terms
- We may change these terms at any time and the most up to date version will be available on our website.
Changes to our website
- We will update our website and its content from time to time and we do not always tell users before doing so.
Access to our website
- Access to our home page and all information on our website is available to all users. Due to the nature of technology and the internet, we cannot promise that our website or any content on it will always be available or be uninterrupted. We are not obliged to fix or support our website. Your access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis and we may, withdraw all or any part of our website without telling you first and for any reason. We will not be liable to you if our website is unavailable at any time. You are responsible for your own internet access and making sure that any person who accesses our website through your internet connection complies with these terms.
Content on our website
Accuracy of website content
- The content on our website is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended to be advice on which you should rely. You must obtain your own advice before taking (or not taking) any action based on information you have read on our website. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, we make no guarantee (whether expressed or implied) that the content on our website is accurate or up-to-date.
- We do not exclude any liability that English Law does not permitted us to exclude. Where we are permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our website or any content on it, whether expressed or implied. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage if you are unable to use our website or if you rely on any content displayed on our website.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment or programs due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our website. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise if you use them.
- Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that our website is reliable and provides a fast service, we do not guarantee that our website will free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for using your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing any material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. To do so could be a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and we will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities to help identify you.
Links to our website
- You may link to our home page if you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement from us. We may remove any links to our website that we do not consider to be suitable for any reason.
Links to other websites
- If we provide links to other websites these links are for information only and we have no control over the contents of those websites or resources on the third party websites.
Stop using our website
- If at any time you do not feel that you can agree to our terms or you are not happy with our website, you must stop using it. We may end your use of our website if you fail to use the it in the way it was intended, or ways in which are not compliant with our terms, against the spirit or intent of our website or to breach any law or regulation. If we do end your use of our website, we will tell you and you must immediately stop using it. We will not offer you compensation for any losses at the time we end your use of the website.
What law applies?
"Grumpy Cat" image used on the team page of our website was captured by Paul Anderson used under Creative Commons Attribution licence.