What are cookies?
- A cookie is a small file of data which our website places on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies collect different types of information, for example, a cookie may give us information about which pages of our website you visit and may also tell us about other websites that you have visited. Cookies allow our website to respond to you as an individual and we can tailor our website to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about you. This means that we can provide you with a better website.
What cookies do we use?
- Our website uses persistent and session cookies:
- Persistent cookie allows a website to recognise users when they return to a site and keep certain information on user preferences. These cookies stay on a computer until they are deleted by the user.
- Session cookies allow a website to carry over information from one page to another so that a user does not have to re-enter information (eg if you put a product into a basket, the website remembers this when you move on to another page). These cookies deleted themselves at the end of the session or at a certain time.
Cookies that we use
- Cookies that are automatically generated by Google Analytics.
- Session management cookies for user-login systems.
Links to other websites
How to delete and control cookies
- Most computers automatically accept cookies but you change your settings so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your computer. If you do change your settings, you may find that some parts of our website will not function properly. To find out how to delete cookies or adjust their settings please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. If you do not adjust your settings, you will accept cookies provided by this website.