Nonprofit & Charity Marketing Executive
Use your passion for marketing and sales to help amazing nonprofits and charities change the world.
**Please note we will be interviewing for this role on an ongoing basis, so please fill out the short form below as soon as you can if you are interested in the position.**
We are The Developer Society, a fully not for profit co-op digital agency based in the UK, working exclusively with charities, NGOs and mission driven organisations. We exist to bring our expertise and experience across development, design, project management, and strategy to the groups making the biggest impact in the world. This includes some of the biggest and most innovative changemakers in the UK and around the world such as: Samaritans, Macmillan Cancer Care, Oxfam International, War Child, Choose Love/Help Refugees, Mercy Corps, 38 Degrees, and many more.
To help more people, we have to bring in more projects and that's where you come in. We're looking for someone to join our team who can help us be smarter and more focused in our marketing and business development. If you're the right candidate then you'll help us track opportunities and developments in the charity sector. You will coordinate the work of our business development team and ensure that we're working in a smooth and efficient manner. You'll work to help take DEV's social media presence from 'meh' to 'wow!' and you'll help us build our brand in the third sector.
Crucially, this role will help you develop your skills and knowledge of how sales and marketing work in the nonprofit sector. You will receive lots of opportunities to try new things and will be able to work in a supportive environment where people will be invested in your growth and development. If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we'd love to hear from you.
Deliverables in this role will include...
- Creating social content for Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram for DEV
- Social reporting on DEV's accounts and across the nonprofit sector
- Owning internal tracking tools and ensuring they are kept up to date
- Coordinating with other members of the team
- Writing copy for pitches and promotional material
- Analysing charities and nonprofits and creating reports
- Supporting existing sales initiatives and joining in partner calls
- Ad hoc support i.e. jumping in and getting your hands dirty, taking on tasks across the team to help the running of the organisation as needed
We are looking for someone who is...
- Passionate about the opportunity to work with charities and nonprofits
- Excited by sales & marketing and keen to help us grow our brand and reach
- Interested in technology and how it can be used to make the world a better place
- Big hearted and keen to improve the world
- Organised and self-motivated
- Strongly interested in learning and developing their skills
- A great communicator
- Upbeat, friendly, and a positive addition to the team
If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
In return you'll get...
- A salary of £21,000 - £24,000 per annum in line with your experience and responsibilities. You can read more about the thinking that shapes our salary structure in our Pay Principles and see the specific details on how a salary is determined in How We Do Salaries.
- The opportunity to work with world-leading charities to change the world
- A great learning environment
- Flexible paid leave of 30 days per year (+ public holidays)
- A workplace that is both fun and supportive
- Beautiful studio space at Digbeth’s Custard Factory to work from post-pandemic or fully remote working, or a mix of both
- Optional membership of the Developer Society co-op, giving you democratic input into the running of our organisation, including electing representatives and voting rights. This is something that sets us apart.
- Contract terms: 12 months with the possibility of renewing subject to review
- Start date: as soon as available
Applications & deadline (please read carefully)
We’ve kept the process nice and simple. Just fill out this short form and we will be in touch with you: https://devsociety.typeform.com/to/b1ckWiQq
In order to complete the form you will need to have:
- A CV
- Short answers to the following questions:
- Please tell us about why you'd like to join the team at DEV? (500 characters or less)
- What is one piece of charity comms or content you've seen online (please share the link) that you think is a strong example of digital communications and why? (500 characters or less)
- What is one piece of marketing comms or content (it doesn't have to be from a charity or non-profit) you've seen online (please share the link) that you think is a strong example of sales and marketing and why? (500 characters or less)
- What makes you who you are? What are your hobbies, experiences or passions that make you stand out? You might be a sci-fi fanatic or an amazing gymnast, you might write Lord of the Rings based poetry or love nothing more than gardening...we want to know what makes you YOU! (500 characters or less)
We will reach out to candidates on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.* If you’re interested please complete the form above (it really is short!) as soon as possible.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and we actively encourage and welcome applications from under-represented groups. Diversity is a strength in teams.
We have no involvement with emailing or cold calling agencies, so if that’s you, please don’t reach out as we won't be able to respond.