Nonprofit & Charity Marketing Lead
Use your passion for creating relationships and landing projects to help amazing nonprofits and charities change the world.
**Please note we will be interviewing for this role on an ongoing basis, so please fill out the short form below as soon as you can if you are interested in the position.**
We are The Developer Society, a fully not for profit co-op digital agency based in the UK, working exclusively with charities, NGOs and mission driven organisations. We exist to bring our expertise and experience across development, design, project management, and strategy to the groups making the biggest impact in the world. This includes some of the biggest and most innovative changemakers in the UK and around the world such as: Samaritans, Macmillan Cancer Care, Oxfam International, War Child, Choose Love/Help Refugees, Mercy Corps, 38 Degrees, and many more.
To help more people, we have to bring in more projects. It's as simple as that. We exist to deliver tech for good projects and help great orgs use technology to change lives. We believe the tools we develop can help charities and NGOs do good in more effective and efficient ways. To make this change, we need to bring in great projects to work on. And to have greater impact at scale, we want to work on bigger and longer projects where we have even more room to influence positive outcomes.
And that's where you come in. We're looking for someone to join our Partnerships and Business Development team to help us close more deals. You'll be an experienced professional sitting between our Director of Partnerships and Business Development and an Executive (an entry level position in the team). There will be space for you to learn and grow but we want someone who will be a leader too, someone with a strong opinion of how things should be done and who is willing to continually push for higher standards.
This role is about Sales For Good. It will have all the excitement of closing deals, hitting deadlines for pitches, and the pressure of targets to meet but it will all be done in the name of positive impact. You won't be on commission, you won't be part of a sales team that wins work and then steps away; you're in this to land work that goes on to make a real difference. That's why this role is so crucial. If you're excited about how doing sales well can have a very direct impact on the world and not on your shareholders bank balance, then this might be the perfect role for you.
Deliverables in this role will include...
- Owning the end of our sales funnel -- taking warm leads and helping convert them into signed contracts
- Creating compelling pitch decks
- Responding to RFPs, ITT and other briefs in a detailed, exciting, and convincing way
- Tracking sales progress across the team and helping coordinate the work of everyone at DEV focused on sales
- Excellent relationship management. Maintaining contact with key individuals and organisations.
- Creating key marketing moments and tools such as case studies, accessibility reports, and running events
- Writing copy for promotional material
- Ad hoc support i.e. jumping in and getting your hands dirty, taking on tasks across the team to help the running of the organisation as needed
We are looking for someone who is...
- Passionate about the opportunity to work with charities and nonprofits
- Aware that diversity in teams is a strength. Particularly people with lived experience of this.
- Excited by sales & marketing and keen to help us grow our brand and reach
- Interested in technology and how it can be used to make the world a better place
- Big hearted and keen to improve the world
- Organised and self-motivated
- Strongly interested in learning and developing their skills
- A great communicator
- Upbeat, friendly, and a positive addition to the team
- Not afraid of the hard-nosed sales work but can make it feel appropriate to our sector (we don't have clients or customers, we have partners and it's crucial that language and the thinking behind it really resonates with you)
- Able to blend the world of nonprofits and sales/marketing/agencies. If you can demonstrate experience in all of these areas then that's fantastic but not necessary. We'd like to see you show expertise in at least one and a demonstrable interest in the other areas.
If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
In return you'll get...
- A salary of £40,000 - £46,000 per annum in line with your experience and responsibilities. You can read more about the thinking that shapes our salary structure in our Pay Principles and see the specific details on how a salary is determined in How We Do Salaries.
- The opportunity to work with world-leading charities to change the world
- A great learning environment
- Flexible paid leave of 30 days per year (+ public holidays)
- A workplace that is both fun and supportive
- Beautiful studio space at Digbeth’s Custard Factory to work from post-pandemic or fully remote working, or a mix of both
- Or access to a co-working space in your area if you prefer that to home-working
- Optional membership of the Developer Society co-op, giving you democratic input into the running of our organisation, including electing representatives and voting rights. This is something that sets us apart.
- A MacBook to match the needs of your position and any other equipment needed to do your role
- An enhanced parental leave package which include 3 months fully paid leave for anyone accessing maternity and shared parental leave and full pay top up for statutory paternity leave
- A tailored budget to support professional development
- Mental health support through collaboration with NHS Devon Partnership as part of our Mindful Employer Commitment: https://www.mindfulemployer.dpt.nhs.uk/
Applications & deadline (please read carefully)
We’ve kept the process nice and simple. Just fill out this short form and we will be in touch with you: https://devsociety.typeform.com/to/cTuJFdGe
In order to complete the form you will need to have:
- A CV
- An answer to the following question:
- Please tell us about why you'd like to join the team at DEV and why you'd be a great fit? (1,000 characters or less)
We will reach out to candidates on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.* If you’re interested please complete the form above (it really is short!) as soon as possible.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and we actively encourage and welcome applications from under-represented groups. Diversity is a strength in teams.
We have no involvement with emailing or cold calling agencies, so if that’s you, please don’t reach out as we won't be able to respond.