USE YOUR PASSION TO HELP AMAZING NONPROFITS AND CHARITIES CHANGE THE WORLD.
The deadline for this position has now passed. Thank you for your interest and do check back in future for positions at The Developer Society!
We are The Developer Society, a fully not-for-profit co-op digital agency based in the UK, working exclusively with charities, NGOs and mission driven organisations. We exist to bring our expertise and experience across development, design, project management, and strategy to the groups making the biggest impact in the world. This includes some of the most innovative changemakers in the UK and around the world such as: Samaritans, Macmillan Cancer Care, Oxfam International, War Child, Choose Love/Help Refugees, Mercy Corps, 38 Degrees, and many more.
We exist to deliver tech for good projects and help great orgs use technology to change lives. We believe the tools we develop can help charities and NGOs do good in more effective and efficient ways. To make this change, we need to bring in great projects to work on. And to have greater impact at scale, we want to work on bigger and longer projects where we have even more room to influence positive outcomes.
And that's where you come in. We're growing our Partnerships and Business Development team to help us win more business. You don’t need to have direct experience in business development or sales, however you’ll need to have a curiosity about the tech-for-good sector, enjoy problem solving and using your initiative.
This would suit someone who is looking to move on from their first job, and ideally has some experience of working with charities, technology or in an agency setting. This development role is about Sales For Good. Working alongside the Partnership Leads, this role will have all the buzz of helping the team to close deals, working with your colleagues to hit deadlines for pitches, and the pressure of targets to meet but you won’t be alone and it will all be done in the name of positive impact.
Business development at DEV is different: you won't be on commission, you won't be part of a sales team that wins work and then steps away; you're in this to land work that goes on to make a real difference. That's why this role is so crucial. If you're excited about how doing sales well can have a very direct impact on the world and not on your shareholders bank balance, then this might be the perfect role for you.
Deliverables in this role will include...
- Building relationships and maintaining contact with key individuals and organisations
- Working with the team to create marketing content
- Finding leads and helping nurture them into opportunities
- Using CRM to track sales progress and activity
- Keeping informed of the sector and finding marketing and business opportunities
- Ad hoc support i.e. jumping in and getting your hands dirty, taking on tasks across the team to help the running of the organisation as needed
- Working to reasonable KPIs
- Growing The Developer Society’s presence on social media
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS...
- Passionate about the opportunity to work with charities and nonprofits
- Comfortable presenting by themselves in front of a partner (or keen to learn/develop these skills)
- A good communicator and demonstrable written skills
- Aware that diversity in teams is a strength. Particularly people with lived experience of this.
- Intrigued by sales & marketing and keen to help us grow our brand and reach
- Big hearted and keen to improve the world
- Organised and self-motivated
- Strongly interested in learning and developing their skills
- Upbeat, friendly, and a positive addition to the team
Bonus points if you have:
- Social media or other marketing experience
- An interested in tech-for-good
If you can demonstrate experience in all of these areas then that's fantastic but not necessary. We'd like to see you show expertise in at least one and a demonstrable interest in the other areas.
If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
IN RETURN YOU'LL GET...
- A salary of £28-32k per annum in line with your experience and responsibilities. You can read more about the thinking that shapes our salary structure in our Pay Principles and see the specific details on how a salary is determined in How We Do Salaries.
- The opportunity to work with world-leading charities to change the world
- A great learning environment
- Flexible paid leave of 30 days per year (+ public holidays)
- A workplace that is both fun and supportive
- Beautiful studio space at Digbeth’s Custard Factory to work from post-pandemic or fully remote working, or a mix of both
- Or access to a co-working space in your area if you prefer that to home-working
- Optional membership of the Developer Society co-op, giving you democratic input into the running of our organisation, including electing representatives and voting rights. This is something that sets us apart.
- A MacBook to match the needs of your position and any other equipment needed to do your role
- An enhanced parental leave package which include 3 months fully paid leave for anyone accessing maternity and shared parental leave and full pay top up for statutory paternity leave
- A tailored budget to support professional development
- Mental health support through collaboration with NHS Devon Partnership as part of our Mindful Employer Commitment: https://www.mindfulemployer.dpt.nhs.uk/
APPLICATIONS & DEADLINE (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
We’ve kept the process nice and simple. Just fill out this short form and we will be in touch with you:
In order to complete the form you will need to have:
- A CV
- An answer to the following question:
- Please tell us about why you'd like to join the team at DEV and why you'd be a great fit? (1,000 characters or less)
We will reach out to candidates on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.* If you’re interested please complete the form above (it really is short!) as soon as possible.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and we actively encourage and welcome applications from under-represented groups. Diversity is a strength in teams.
We have no involvement with emailing or cold calling agencies, so if that’s you, please don’t reach out as we won't be able to respond.