USE YOUR PASSION FOR OPERATIONS AND LOGISTICS TO HELP AMAZING NONPROFITS AND CHARITIES CHANGE THE WORLD.
**Please note we will be interviewing for this role on an ongoing basis, so please fill out the short form below as soon as you can if you are interested in the position.**
We are The Developer Society, a fully not-for-profit co-op digital agency based in the UK, working exclusively with charities, NGOs and mission driven organisations. We exist to bring our expertise and experience across development, design, project management, and strategy to the groups making the biggest impact in the world. This includes some of the biggest and most innovative changemakers in the UK and around the world such as: Samaritans, Macmillan Cancer Care, Oxfam International, War Child, Choose Love/Help Refugees, Mercy Corps, 38 Degrees, and many more.
We are currently looking to add an Operations Manager to our team for a 12 month contract from summer 2022. We’re looking for someone to join our team who can walk the line of balancing capacity, team happiness, project requirements and sales needs. You’ll be working day to day within our Ops team consisting of; project managers, partnership managers and directors. As a result, you’ll be a crucial intersection between these different areas and needs, ensuring that we consider the wider facets of decision making and problem solving.
Deliverables in this role will include…
- Supporting the planning and execution of projects, including budgeting and scheduling
- Reporting on financials
- General administrative tasks including managing invoicing and payments
- Monitoring team communications and inboxes
- Updating our issue resolution team with any new issues and supporting with this process
- Supporting the Operations team and the wider team in their work
We are looking for someone who is...
- Passionate about the opportunity to work with charities and nonprofits
- Aware that diversity in teams is a strength. Particularly people with lived experience of this.
- Excited by operations and logistics
- Experience in agency work environments
- Interested in technology and how it can be used to make the world a better place
- Big hearted and keen to improve the world
- Organised and self-motivated
- Strongly interested in learning and developing their skills
- A great communicator
- Upbeat, friendly, and a positive addition to the team
If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
In return you’ll get...
- A salary of £34,000 - £37,000 per annum in line with your experience and responsibilities. You can read more about the thinking that shapes our salary structure in our Pay Principles and see the specific details on how a salary is determined in How We Do Salaries.
- The opportunity to work with world-leading charities to change the world
- A great learning environment
- Flexible paid leave of 30 days per year (+ public holidays)
- 9 day working fortnights (*for summer 2022 with the chance for this to continue beyond)
- A workplace that is both fun and supportive
- Studio space at Digbeth’s Custard Factory to work from post-pandemic or fully remote working, or a mix of both
- Or access to a co-working space in your area if you prefer that to home-working
- Optional membership of the Developer Society co-op, giving you democratic input into the running of our organisation, including electing representatives and voting rights. This is something that sets us apart.
- A MacBook to match the needs of your position and any other equipment needed to do your role
- A tailored budget to support professional development
- Mental health support through collaboration with NHS Devon Partnership as part of our Mindful Employer Commitment: https://www.mindfulemployer.dpt.nhs.uk/
APPLICATIONS & DEADLINE (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
We’ve kept the process nice and simple. Just fill out this short form and we will be in touch with you: https://devsociety.typeform.com/to/aV13DGwg
In order to complete the form you will need to have:
- A CV
- An answer to the following question:
- Please tell us about why you'd like to join the team at DEV and why you'd be a great fit as our Operations Manager? (1,000 characters or less)
We will reach out to candidates on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.* If you’re interested please complete the form above (it really is short!) as soon as possible.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and we actively encourage and welcome applications from under-represented groups. Diversity is a strength in teams.
We have no involvement with emailing or cold calling agencies, so if that’s you, please don’t reach out as we won't be able to respond.