WANTED: Django genius to join our co-operative digital team of injustice, inequality and poverty fighters, coding to change the world.
- Motivated to make the world a better place?
- Logic driven and keen on clean code?
- Eager to keep on learning and sharing skills?
- A great communicator?
We’re a not-for-profit co-op filled with digital designers, developers and campaigners, wielding our skills for big names like ActionAid, Lumos, Macmillan, Oxfam, Save the Children and The Syria Campaign.
If you are looking for a chance to use your considerable skill in weaving and deploying powerful Django projects to make the world a better place, we’d love to hear from you.With your strengths and your in-depth technical knowledge, we will look to you to create great results within a challenging but rewarding schedule. We’re looking for a proactive self-starter; a problem solver who is able to resolve issues as they arrive, but also knows when to reach out for help; and someone who is able to translate complex problems into simple solutions.
- Taking on large-scale web applications
- Working as part of a team with project managers, clients and designers
- Breaking down a complex need into a simple and elegant structure
- Scoping and estimating development tasks realistically and reliably
- Critically reviewing others code to encourage cooperative learning and promote best practices
- An intimate knowledge of Python & Django
- Using Github-flow to deliver work
- Working together with an agile team across a mix of agile and waterfall projects
- Test driven development and passing unit tests
- Learning about new technologies and skills
- Changing the world (but you don’t need professional experience of this!)
- Competitive pay
- The opportunity to work with our world-leading charities to change the world
- Flexible paid leave (you get to vote on how we organise this as a team)
- A workplace that is both fun and supportive
- Plenty of open workspace in Digbeth’s Fazeley Studios
- The perfect hardware for you to things shipped
- Optional membership of the Developer Society co-op, giving you democratic input into the running of our organisation, including electing representatives and voting rights. This is something that sets us apart.
- Flexible paid leave (you get to vote on how much!)
- Remote working opportunities
Send us your cover email, CV and some amazing examples of your own code. A GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket URL would be super helpful. Tell us something interesting about yourself: what your favourite board game is, or your opinion on the divergence of the Game of Thrones TV show from the books, or whether you think Snape is a goodie or a baddie?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and we actively encourage and welcome applications from under-represented groups.
If you think you have what it takes to join our crack team of designers, developers and campaigners, we’ll quickly arrange a meeting with you to chat about this opportunity.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have no involvement with emailing or cold calling agencies, so if that’s you, please don’t get in touch. If we change our minds one day, we’ll let you know.