What's the whole 'board elections' thing all about?
Why do we do this?
- If you're a member, you own the society, it's important you make sure it's governed well
- Contested elections are a great way to make sure that governance is fair and open
- Having a route for members to sit on the board protects members from bad decisions
- Voting members into the board ensures transparency and representation
- Members are nominated to stand in an election
- Nominees are consulted to ask to confirm to be considered for election
- Elections are held and we vote
- Members become board members
- Board members can receive training on their directoral responsibilities