Digital Project Manager
9-12 month fixed term contract
Use your knowledge of technology and your organisational skills to help amazing charities and nonprofits change the world.
**Please note we will be interviewing for this role on an ongoing basis, so please fill out the short form below as soon as you can if you are interested in the position.**
We are The Developer Society, a fully not for profit co-op digital agency based in the UK, working exclusively with charities, NGOs and mission driven organisations. We exist to bring our expertise and experience across development, design, project management, and strategy to the groups making the biggest impact in the world. This includes some of the biggest and most innovative changemakers in the UK and around the world such as: Samaritans, Macmillan Cancer Care, Oxfam International, War Child, Help Refugees, Mercy Corps, 38 Degrees, and many more.
We have a busy 2022 coming up and we are looking for someone to join our team who can help us run our projects in a smooth and calm way. You’ll work directly with our partners and our team to align project scope and features, and ensure that everyone has what they need to get the job done. You’ll be planning and writing project documentation, running kickoffs and facilitating sprints, meetings, and key project milestones. You’ll help keep our projects focused, on track, and delivering brilliant results for some of the most important orgs in the world.
The role involves...
- Being flexible and responding to changes in projects as they arise
- Playing an active role in scheduling and leading all meetings including kickoffs
- Planning projects so that they are completed within defined time and budget
- Monitoring progress of projects to make sure they meet targets and partner expectations
- Supporting teams and working to reduce their stress levels through problem solving and communication
- Producing clear read outs of activities, milestones, costs, and risks at all times
- Checking in with teammates to ensure they are not over-scheduled on project tasks and have everything they need to work effectively and efficiently
- Collaborating and communicating regularly with internal team leads on project resourcing, progress, and challenges
- Providing regular status updates to partners
We are looking for someone who is...
- Comfortable with all things tech and digital (you don’t have to able to write the code but you know the difference between your HTML and your APIs) REQUIRED
- Familiar with project management methodologies and approaches to software development REQUIRED
- Big hearted and keen to make the world a better place REQUIRED
- Organised and self-motivated REQUIRED
- Keen to share skills and learning with the team REQUIRED
- A great communicator REQUIRED
- A PM process expert (to help us improve our internal ways of working) REQUIRED
- Upbeat, friendly, and a positive addition to the team REQUIRED
- Available to start immediately (or very soon after an offer is made) REQUIRED
- Experienced working with charities and nonprofits NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED
- A tech expert NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED
If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
Start date: as soon as available
Salary: £32,000 - £38,000 depending on experience
Applications & deadline
We’ve kept the process nice and simple. Just fill out this short form and we will be in touch with you in the coming days: https://devsociety.typeform.com/to/biMjLQCW
We will reach out to candidates on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.* If you’re interested please complete the form above (it really is short!) as soon as possible.*
We have no involvement with emailing or cold calling agencies, so if that’s you, please don’t reach out as we won't be able to respond.